Food & Health
Sensible food choices made all through life can maintain a person’s ability to meet corporeal, emotional and mind confronts and to attain independence from illness. Food and health are each other partners. Food provides a body with the power that enables us to walk, run, talk, and carry out our works.
Food promotes health and slows down the process of aging. It is said that the psychological age of a person is the main criteria that show his/her status of health while chronological age cannot reflect it.
We might have met people who either look too young for age or too old for age. All this is because of their mental and physical maturity that is achieved with the help of good food.
Life Style Practices & their Effects
Six lifestyle practices are believed to affect the health of people as well as determine their physiological age.
- Maintaining the weight of the body at a normal level
- Eating meal habitually and consider breakfast a meal of the morning
- Take proper and regular sleep
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol intake or take it in control
- Exercise daily or at least perform some sort of physical activity
Our lifestyle practices get accumulated over time and if people follow all of their life a good food’s practice, they find themselves still young and active in older age. People who have been eating good food devoid of high fats diet and high carbohydrate diets get themselves disease-free. They feel energetic even in their older life and enjoy their old days with the same vigor they have had in their early young life.
Healthy Food Sources
Since no single food group can solely meet all requirements of our body, therefore, we need to eat different food groups to get all the nutrients. A balanced amount of all the nutrients are needed to live a life that is free of illness. Main food groups are
- Pulses and cereals
- Milk and milk products
- Poultry, meat, and fish
These food groups must be included in moderate proportion in your diet if you want to enjoy your life and want to remain away from ailments. Balance in food should be maintained. You can, therefore, enjoy some other tasty foods of your choice too. Even healthy eating allows you to maintain your body weight to limits. If you are taking all the necessary nutrients in your diet, you are doing good for yourself and your body.
Strategies For Enjoying Healthy Life
If you want to enjoy life like healthy people you can follow these simple strategies
- Select nutrient dense diet or foods.
- Try to become physically active and avoid sedentary life
- Try to avoid any kind of stress or depression
- If you smoke or drink alcohol, quiet them
- Enjoy social life by becoming socially active
- Maintaining your body weight to normal limits
- Be alert if you feel ill and seek a doctor immediately
- Maintains interest in your life and try keeping yourself busy in different activities of life.
Once we appreciate the association between nutritious food and good health, our food will be our remedy, and preserving good wellbeing will be a point of making the correct food choices and leading a healthy everyday life.